Bolt Action - Book - Campaign: The Road To Berlin
Bolt Action's next step within its gaming world is exploring the downfall of the Third Reich. Diving through the Eastern front, you'll be able to learn about the very bloody and arduous operations both Germany and the Soviets endured, and the uprising of the Polish AK and Czech forces. With unrelenting leadership and an absurd amount of 'political motivation', the Russians finally managed to expose Nazi Germany after brutal years of fighting.
In June 1944 the Axis powers in Europe were about to be subjected to two major hammer blows. In the West, the final preparations were being made for Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of Western Europe. In the East, the Red Army was planning a massive offensive, with bold objectives to critically damage the German Army and eject it entirely from the Soviet Union and, by pushing deep into Poland, providing the springboard for later offensives that would eventually find the Red Army in the streets of Berlin ushering in the final collapse of Hitler’s Third Reich.
For the Germans, a sense of fatalism began to grow, whilst amongst the Soviets, spirits rose. After the months of crushing defeats, encirclements and mass capitulations, the Germans were finally revealed to be beatable and their aura of invincibility had finally been ripped aside. This is well illustrated by a common story from the end of the Stalingrad operations where Soviet troops harassing sullen German prisoners, pointed at the remains of the devastated city and screamed that it would only be a matter of time before Berlin resembled the ruins of Stalingrad.
Contained within in the 148 pages of detailed text, breathtaking imagery and full-colour art, this book also has:
- Fighting Bargration
- Which includes scenarios, special rules and historical context
- Bargration Theatre Selectors
- Which includes famous platoons such as the 53rd Guards tank Brigade, German Heavy Tank Abteilung and the 5th Panzer Division!
- Additional German Units
- Scenario 1: The Tigers of Krupki
- Scenario 2: The battle of Pleshchenitsy
- Scenario 3: The '34'
- Fighting the Lvov-Sandomierz offensive
- Which includes scenarios, special rules and Lvov-Sandomierz specific scenarios
- Lvov-Sandomierz theatre selectors
- Scenario 4: big game hunting
- Which includes a hero of the Soviet Union, Lt. Aleksandr P. Oskin
The Warsaw Uprising
- Fighting the Warsaw uprising
- Which includes scenarios, special rules and Warsaw uprising specific scenarios
- Warsaw uprising theatre selectors
- Armia krajowa theatre selector
- Which includes additional Armia Krajowa Units and German Warsaw Uprising Units
- Scenario 5: Man the barricades
- Scenario 6: Kubus and the grey wolf
The Struggle Continues
- Fighting ‘the struggle continues’
- Which includes scenarios, special rules for ghost wars and the Struggle Continues Theatre Selectors
- NKVD Theatre Selector
- NKVD Additional Units
Clearing The Flanks
- Scenario 7: Breakout from Petsamo
The Vistula-Oder Offensive
- Fighting the Vistula-Oder offensive
- Which includes General Scenarios and Vistula-Oder Scenarios
- Vistula-Oder offensive theatre selectors
- Scenario 8: ‘the Ivan’s are coming…’
- Scenario 9: race to the Pileca river
- Scenario 10: an unexpected encounter
- Fighting Operation Berlin
- Which include General Scenarios and special rules for Operation Berlin Scenarios
- Operation Berlin theatre selectors
- Which include the extended Last Levy Theatre Selector and the replacement Panzer Force
- Additional German Units
- Which include The German Replacement Army and a hero of the Soviet Union, junior Sergeant Vasily Kharinaevich Khantaev
- Scenario 11: The Seelow heights
- Scenario 12: Tank hunting
- Scenario 13: Berlin: crossing the spree
The Prague Uprising
- Fighting the Prague uprising
- Which includes scenarios, general scenarios, Prague specific scenarios and The ROA
- ROA theatre selector
- Additional Units
- Scenario 14: The Prague uprising: enter the ROA
Appendices: Additional Special Rules
- Snow, mud, ice and frostbite
- Dug-in: foxholes, trenches and gun pits
- City fighting
That's certainly a lot of content, but remember that's just an overview! Each page is packed with information and iconic imagery to give you everything you need to play on the battlefields of Berlin in 1945!
We do not currently have this item in stock at the Cabin, however it is still available to purchase.
Once purchased we will attempt to order it in as soon as possible.
You'll recieve an "Available to Pickup" email once we have recieved the item.